The Australasian Management Challenge is Australia and New Zealand’s premier forum for current and emerging local government leaders. It is a sophisticated development program designed to deliver personal, team and organisational professional development. The program is delivered collaboratively by the LG Professionals Australia National Office and our Federation partners across Australia, as well as the New Zealand Society of Local Government Managers (SOLGM).
The Challenge has been running for more than 20 years. It is good fun, great value and a hands-on approach to leadership development that translates into relevant, tangible and enduring benefits for your people, teams and organisations.
Everyone who participates in the Challenge - from experienced managers to emerging leaders, comes away with new and practical insights into excellence in leadership and management.
More than any other traditional training program or seminar The Challenge assists councils to:
- Attract and retain staff
- Improve organisational culture
- Promote team-work
- Develop new and sustainable management skills
- Breakdown silos
- Grow inter-departmental relationships, and
- Build capacity
2016 Australasian Management Challenge
Registration for the 2016 Challenge is now open.
- Pre-challenge task released - January 2016
- Regional Challenge Days - March 2016
- Australasian Finals (Melbourne) - 23rd and 24th June 2016
Take the pre-challenge survey by clicking here.
Early bird extended to 18th December.
- The early bird entry fee is A$4,700 (GST incl) for those teams that register and pay before 18th December 2015 and NZ $5,100.
- The fee for teams entered after 18th December 2015 is A $5,100 (GST incl) per team and NZ $5,100.
Even after you enter you can withdraw your team if necessary (or substitute members). As we arrange personnel and venues according to team entries, a cancellation fee will apply as follows:
- After 31 January 2016 - 25% of entry fee
- After 28 February 2016 - no refunds will be provided
For further information about the challenge visit the Overview page.